Hello dear friends! This cookie recipe has been on it’s way to a blog post for some time! I am quite happy to be finally posting it for you! My family loves this cookie (we are a cookie loving family after all), even our gluten loving friends are super fans of this one! I mean, how can anyone not LOVE a cookie that is loaded with chocolate?
You will be able to whip these up in no time and they make a wonderful afternoon snack for the kiddos! Baking them ahead of time and enjoying one yourself with a cup of coffee before they get home is also acceptable….I will never tell!
Ready to get baking? Check out the recipe below!
- 2½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1t salt
- 1t baking powder
- 3T butter (if you want to make these dairy free you can use palm shortening or ghee if you tolerate that)
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1T vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients. Cut the butter into small chunks and add it to the dry ingredients. If you are using palm shortening or ghee add that instead of the butter. When the butter is mixed in add the egg, maple syrup and vanilla until well blended. Add in the chocolate chips!
- Line a baking stone or other baking sheet with parchment paper and spoon the cookies on. I like to lay an additional sheet of parchment paper over top of the cookie dough and use a measuring cup to flatten them. You can bake them in mounds but the center will be doughy and you will need to increase the baking time some.
- Bake for 13 minutes and allow to cool on the baking stone for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack...or your mouth! Enjoy!