This recipe truly lives up to it’s name! Finger Lickin Chicken is a family favorite! My girls will actually cheer if they see me putting this recipe together for dinner. They are often enthusiastic about food though!
Reminiscent of some good fried chicken, this chicken is actually baked! Perfectly breaded with a little bit of kick from some hot sauce! Yes, I said perfectly breaded gluten free, grain free chicken! The breading allows the inside of the chicken to remain moist but not soggy!
Maybe my girls get their enthusiasm for food from me? I wonder..
Go ahead, try to eat this without lickin your fingers….I dare you!
- 2lbs chicken breasts
- For the sauce:
- ¼ cup Cholula hot sauce
- 3T ghee,
- 3T coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut milk
- For the breading -
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1t pepper
- 1t sea salt
- 1t garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Trim and cut your chicken to sizes a little bigger than a nugget would be. Place all ingredients for the sauce into a saucepan and cook over medium until the sauce thickens.
- In a shallow bowl mix together all of the dry ingredients until well blended.
- Transfer the liquid ingredients from the saucepan into another shallow bowl and start dipping your chicken! Once you have dipped the chicken in the sauce, it's time to toss them with the dry ingredients. You could also place the dry ingredients into a large ziplock bag and toss the chicken in there, shaking until well coated. I usually just use a bowl and dip em though.
- Transfer your breaded chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- *Tip: Lining your baking sheet with parchment paper makes for easy clean up!